Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
Monster Hunter World Iceborne
- Monster Hunter World Iceborne will be getting a final free update this October 1st, adding the dragon Fatalis who has taken Castle Schrade as its home. It was announced during the developer diary this week.
- In the last update, players will meet Fatalis upon completing the story of Iceborne and finishing the Alatreon investigation. This update doesn’t just add a new battle, but features story content with new characters such as the General from the Guild and the familiar face the Excitable A-Lister.
- Once Fatalis has been defeated, players will be able to craft weapon and armor from the materials gained, as well as new Palico Equipment Fatalis Set α+, which turns your Palico in a miniature dragon. This look comes complete with a small hunter doll clenched in its mini claws, used as a weapon.
- Monster Hunter World: Iceborne final update releases on PC, Playstation 4 and Xbox One on October 1st.
For more on this news find it here in Monster Hunter World Iceborne Adds Fatalis In Final Free Update.
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
- The latest gameplay video shown at the Future Games Show digital event at Gamescom previewed some of the mythical creatures in upcoming Assassin’s Creed Valhalla.
- The first to be featured was the Black Shuck, a black dog from English mythology that would easily sink it’s teeth into humans, tearing them apart.
- Valhalla incorporates many myths, inspiring bloodthirsty creatures, but these aren’t the only enemies players will tango with. There are many human figures players will find throughout, which include the daughters of King Lyrian.
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla will be releasing on November 17th on Playstation 4, Xbox One and PC. As well as Playstation 5 and Xbox Series X.
For more on this news find it here in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Gameplay Features Mythical Creatures And Legends.
- Genshin Impact which will be releasing at the end of the month, the game provides a lot of freedom when it comes to platforms. However, the developer miHoyo has now confirmed that PS4 will not be transferable between platforms. You will need to apply a separate account for PS4, which means you won’t be able to log in using other platforms with the same account.
- However you will still be able to play co-op with friends on other platforms by sending them an invite, so there is cross-play between all platforms. This news isn’t too surprising with Sony’s previous stance when it comes to cross-progression. Nintendo Switch has been a bit more liberal, but nothing has been confirmed for its release date or cross-progression.
- Genshin Impact is a free-to-play title with a wish gacha system to unlock characters and weapons. We had a lot of fun checking out the title, as it has many characters which you can swap out on the fly in combat, and combo their elemental abilities. If you’re curious to know more be sure to check out our Genshin Impact Closed Beta Preview – Breath Of The Elements.
- Genshin Impact will launch on Playstation 4, PC, iOS and Android on September 28th with cross-play.
For more on this news find it here in Genshin Impact PS4 Accounts Won’t Be Transferable To PC Or Mobile.
Tokyo Game Show 2020
- The online lineup for TGS 2020 is hotting up, as some big contenders will be part of the livestreams. Among the list are Square and Koei Tecmo who have already announced they will be taking part. Others who are now part of the show are Konami, Capcom, Sega & Atlus, Xbox, Cygames, Bandai Namco (Scarlet Nexus), D3 Publisher, Level-5, Spike Chunsoft (Cyberpunk 2077) and Lightning Games.
- Spike Chunsoft will be focusing on upcoming Cyberpunk 2077, which should cover most of the recent released info provided for the west but this time in Japanese. Bandai Namco plans to show some more details about Scarlet Nexus, the upcoming action title that draws some Code Vein and Nier Automata comparisons, plus Sword Art Online. Microsoft will be returning after many years forgoing TGS, but as they are releasing a new console this year in the form of Xbox Series X, it’s not that surprising for their return.
- What are you excited to hear about the from the TGS 2020? Let us know in the comments below.The Tokyo Game Show 2020 will take place from September 24th to September 27th and completely online this year.
For more on this news find it here in Tokyo Game Show 2020 Online Lineup.
- In the recent 2020 corporate report, Sony shared their vision for Playstation, and this includes upcoming releases for Playstation 5. Within the report, Sony also expressed interest in bringing more of their games to PC.
- Sony has there own first-party titles, these titles attract players to picking up the console, and are tailored made to run on PS. While PS5 will not be straying from this, Sony has brought some of their once Playstation exclusives to PC, this includes the recent Horizon Zero Dawn which came to PC last month.
- In Sony’s report they shared “We will explore expanding our first-party titles to the PC platform, in order to promote further growth in our profitability”. This means we could be seeing more Playstation exclusives coming to PC.
- But the reason behind the ports are actually suppose to work in Sony’s favour, Playstation Worldwide Studios boss Herman Hulst shared the decision to port Horizon to PC was to “show people maybe what they’ve been missing out on”, to expose more players to Playstation.
- Are you excited to hear more Playstation titles will be coming to PC? Let us know in the comments.
For more on this news find it here in Sony Will Make More First-Party Playstation Games Available On PC.
- CD Projekt Red this week had a new trailer shown during the latest Nvidia presentation which announced the next-generation of graphics cards, RTX 30 Series.
- The latest trailer highlights the enhanced graphical features for upcoming Cyberpunk 2077, being played on a Nvidia GeForce RTX 30 series. This slick new trailer shows in-game footage captured using the graphics card, showing some awesome details including reflections, diffused illuminations, shadows and enhanced DLSS.
- Everything shown looks ultra crisp and does well to show the capabilities of the RTX 30 Series. The Night City scenes look pretty amazing, surely exciting fans of its upcoming release in November.
- Recently the developers have confirmed Cyberpunk 2077 will be receiving free DLC and have been detailing in-game info such as Life Paths.
For more on this news find it here in Cyberpunk 2077 Gets Ray Tracing Visuals Showcased In New Trailer.
- Ubisoft Forward, an online showcase for Ubisoft games will be held on September 10 at 12:00 p.m. PT / 3:00 p.m. ET. This will be livestreamed on Youtube, Twitch and Ubisoft.com.
- The main showcase will be spotlighting updates for upcoming Watch Dogs: Legion, Hyper Scape, Rainbow Six Siege and Immortals: Fenyx Rising which was recently announced as the new name for previously announced Gods & Monsters. But that won’t be all on the schedule, as Ubisoft tease “more yet-to-be-revealed surprises.” Ubisoft plans to go into more details about two unreleased titles.
- We’re looking forward to seeing some more details about Immortals: Fenyx Rising the type of game it will be, as it looks to be an open-world game from some of visuals. We’ll have to wait and see next week on September 10th.
For more on this news find it here in Ubisoft Forward Showcase Announced To Feature Immortals: Fenyx Rising And More.
- Recently a rating for upcoming NieR Replicant Ver.1.22474487139… has popped up, which might suggest we’ll be hearing more about the remaster soon. It was spotted by Gematsu, which found all three versions which include PS4, Xbox One and PC versions have been rated, which is about 5 months when Square Enix had announced the upgraded version.
- This isn’t the first time Taiwan’s ratings have given a headsup in terms of upcoming games. Previously in April Mafia II and Mafia III definitive edition ratings took place and this let us know that they were on the way.
- If this follows the previous pattern, then we could be getting some more news about the game. It was back in March of this year when NieR Replicant Ver.1.22474487139… was revealed, being more an upgraded version of the 2010 original.
- The Tokyo Game Show 2020 will be taking place this September, so this could be a good place for an announcement. However the currently revealed lineup doesn’t have Nier on the list, but there is always hope with a few blank spots still open.
For more on this news find it here in NieR Replicant Rated In Taiwan.
Path of Exile: Heist
- The third major expansion for the free-to-play online ARPG Path of Exile has been announced called Heist. It will launch on September 18th on PC and Mac, then on September 23rd for PS4 and Xbox One.
- Heist will bring a new challenge for players, together with a hired crew of some specialised thieves, it will be there job to infiltrate a secure facility to retrieve valuable Artifacts. After gaining your prized loot, you’ll need to quickly escape, and make it to the extraction point, or face losing everything they stole.
- Heist is one of Grinding Gear Game’s most ambitious expansions as it adds a number of new elements to the game. The Heist feature sounds pretty fun, adding some more variety to what the game already offers, and could lead to some great rewards if you pull off the mission successfully.
- In case you missed it, we released a Path of Exile: Heist overview video which goes into more details about new item slot, trinkets, Replica unique items, hiring Rogues and more.
For more on this news find it here in Path Of Exile: Heist Expansion Announced.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: