Home Sport Bournemouth will consider Tindall as Howe successor

Bournemouth will consider Tindall as Howe successor

by admin

Tindall worked as Howe’s assistant across 12 years in total; would be a first major managerial role for former Bournemouth defender

Last Updated: 02/08/20 5:13pm

Bournemouth assistant manager Jason Tindall (left) could succeed Eddie Howe Bournemouth assistant manager Jason Tindall (left) could succeed Eddie Howe

Bournemouth assistant manager Jason Tindall (left) could succeed Eddie Howe

Bournemouth would consider appointing Jason Tindall as successor to Eddie Howe should the assistant manager want the vacant managerial role.

The Cherries announced on Saturday evening Howe had left by mutual consent after their relegation to the Championship, marking the end of a 25-year association with the club as a player and then manager, across two spells.

Tindall worked alongside Howe across the club’s rise from League Two to their five-year stay in the English top flight and is currently assessing whether to formally apply for the position.

Tindall was placed in interim charge following Howe's departure on Saturday Tindall was placed in interim charge following Howe's departure on Saturday

Tindall was placed in interim charge following Howe’s departure on Saturday

Former Bournemouth defender Tindall was placed in interim charge following Howe’s departure and the vacant position would be his first major managerial role should the club appoint him.

Howe, who had a year remaining on his contract at Bournemouth, said his decision to leave his role as manager was in the best interests and the 42-year-old told fans in an open letter that it was “time for the club to go in a new direction”.

Tindall was player-manager of non-league Weymouth between January 2007 and January 2008 Tindall was player-manager of non-league Weymouth between January 2007 and January 2008

Tindall was player-manager of non-league Weymouth between January 2007 and January 2008

Players are due to return for pre-season on August 17, with the 2020/21 Championship season due to begin on the weekend of September 12.

Bournemouth owner Maxim Demin vowed in a statement on Tuesday to take the club back to the Premier League following their relegation.

Since then Bournemouth have accepted a £41m offer from Manchester City for defender Nathan Ake, with forwards Callum Wilson, Joshua King and winger David Brooks also believed to be the subject of interest from Premier League suitors.

Have you opted into Sky Bet Club?

Opt in and bet £25 or more before 23:59 on Sunday to earn a free £5. Free bets will credited by 7pm on Monday.

Related Videos

Leave a Comment